This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the basic concepts of podcasting and how to go about planning and making a podcast, while avoiding common pitfalls. The course focused on how podcasting is a uniquely powerful form of storytelling, different to other media forms.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Associate Professor of Journalism
University of Wollongong
- Identify ideal conditions and environments for recording audio
- Discuss podcast narrative and genre
- Experiment with layering audio, music, silence and sound effects to create an experience
- Describe experiences podcasting or listening to podcasts
- Investigate how and where audio works best
- Record and share a podcast with fellow learners
- Produce a podcast and publish the podcast on a discoverable platform
- Introduction to telling stories using audio
- The elements of a podcasting narrative and how to combine these elements authentically
- The software and hardware involved in producing a podcast
- Writing a narrative to suit audio
- The common pitfalls
- Different genres of podcast
- Introduction to finding good talent
- The process of being discovered and heard by an audience
Issued on 18th June 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: