This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Deakin University and Food & Mood Centre
Poor diet and poor mental health are the leading causes of mortality and morbidity worldwide. Diet quality is a key modifiable factor influencing mental and brain health across all life stages. In this course, you investigated the latest research to explore how our diet affects our mental and brain health. You learnt about how our immune system and gut microbiome influence mental health. You also gained practical strategies to optimise diet for mental health and implement dietary change.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
- Describe the relationship between diet/nutrition, and mental and brain health
- Explain why diet and nutrition are important for mental and brain health.
- Explore the principles and strategies of dietary change.
- The relationship between diet/nutrition and mental and brain health
- Factors influencing diet, nutrition and mental health
- Dietary styles, behaviours, guidelines and assessment
- The role of inflammation and gut microbiota for mental health
- How diet can be optimised for mental and brain health
Issued on 18th July 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: