Empower your pupils and reduce the attainment gap through pre-teaching
On this course, you will develop your teaching skills as you explore the benefits of using pre-teaching and assigning competence as strategies for intervention with learners of all ages.
Learning from experts in the field as well as your teaching peers, you will explore relevant teaching research and learn key strategies to apply in intervention, as well as whole class sessions.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a deeper understanding of how to support your pupils to access age-appropriate learning and be active and influential participants in lessons.
We understand that in the current climate you may not be able to undertake some of the activities that involve working with children. However, we are confident that the content of this course is still relevant and will support you to plan for future work.
- Understand the barriers to learning and the current education context
- Introduction to and exploration of pre-teaching
- Introduction to and exploration of assigning competence
- Further develop effective use of pre-teaching and assigning competence
- Review and reflect
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop strategies for obtaining equitable classrooms
- Identify the best use of pre-teaching
- Interpret assigning competence in order to raise status of learners in the classroom
- Explore how to use pre-teaching and assigning competence to raise the attainment of learners
- Improve upon self-reflection and teaching practice
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who teach learners of any age, as well as school leaders and those responsible for education intervention.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLPreTeaching to talk about this course on social media.