- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
International Marketing: Product Adaptation vs Standardisation
Understand international marketing strategies
A common challenge of entering the global market is choosing between standardisation or adapting products to a new market. On this two-week course, you’ll explore the benefits and weaknesses of both to determine the best outcome for your strategy.
This course is designed by Coventry University and is part of the International Marketing ExpertTrack, an in-depth look into marketing strategy and all the considerations businesses need to address before entering international markets.
Explore product adaptation vs product standardisation
When organisations want to enter the global market, they must consider whether to standardise their product to please everyone, or adapt to each new market to meet local requirements.
On this course, you’ll delve into both concepts and use real-life examples to see them in action. You’ll understand the merits and drawbacks of the approaches and explore their impact upon the marketing function.
You’ll also learn how companies can gain global appeal by positioning their products with a universal message that transcends geographical boundaries.
Learn the concept of a global consumer
You’ll be introduced to the concept of a global consumer, and will understand how this impacts global marketing.
Gain knowledge of this consumer in order to better understand who you will target in your own global marketing strategies.
Investigate impacts on the global market
By the end of the course, you will be able to identify the various factors that impact the global market.
From global consumers to the impact of the standardisation and adaptation approach, you’ll understand the consequences of each so you can make informed decisions when you enter the international market.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of both product adaptation and standardisation
- Explore real life examples of standardisation vs adaptation
- Reflect on concepts of global consumers/ cosmopolitan consumers
- Assess the impact standardisation/ adaption has on the marketing function
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in global marketing and the process of product adaptation. You may be interested in pursuing a career as a global marketer or already be in the role and looking to increase your knowledge.
Examine the key issues in international marketing, why they are important and how these should influence your marketing strategy.