- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
International Marketing: Definition and Strategy
Understand the benefits and challenges of international marketing
With rapid globalisation and the advance of technology, the global market is now a possibility for almost any business. However, organisations must have a considered strategy and understanding of international markets to succeed.
On this two-week course, you’ll understand the definition of global marketing, the opportunities it presents for companies as well as the challenges organisations face when entering new markets.
Discover why businesses need a global marketing strategy
Examine the need and motivations for businesses to go global, as well as the importance of identifying a global marketing strategy to successfully enter these new markets.
You’ll discover the ways digital marketing technologies can help with entry into global markets and how you can apply this to your own strategies.
Learn how to use an EPRG framework in international marketing
EPRG (Ethnocentric, polycentric, regiocentric and geocentric) is a framework designed to be used in the internationalisation process. On this course, you’ll understand the most effective ways to use EPRG to help businesses enter the global market.
Looking at examples, you’ll discover how organisations apply each element of EPRG to understand what it takes to be successful in the global market.
Understand the born global phenomenon
Delve into ‘born global’ organisations - the businesses that realise the importance of global marketing from the moment they are established, and use their time and resources to expand internationally.
Using your foundational knowledge of EPRG, you’ll evaluate its relevance in light of the born global phenomena to understand current trends.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a deeper understanding of global marketing and recognise the importance of a marketing strategy.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the concept of global marketing including the EPRG framework
- Identify examples of organisations to apply to each element of the EPRG framework
- Reflect upon your own experiences of global marketing
- Evaluate the relevance of EPRG in light of the born global phenomena
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to increase their knowledge on global marketing and explore some of the ways businesses succeed when entering new markets.
You might work in a global marketer role or looking for an introduction into international marketing.
Examine the key issues in international marketing, why they are important and how these should influence your marketing strategy.