- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Scratch to Python: Moving from Block- to Text-based Programming
Discover how you can transition learners from block to text-based programming
Block-based programming languages like Scratch make it simple to learn and teach programming. But once your students have mastered it, it’s time to move on to a text-based programming language such as Python. This online course will show you how.
You’ll discover how to transfer the programming and thinking skills learnt while using Scratch to Python. You’ll look at how to help your learners develop basic text-based programming skills, understand error messages and debug code.
The course will show you the power of text-based programming and give you the tools to support your students’ transition.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how you can transfer programming and thinking skills from Scratch to Python
- Develop how you teach basic skills in the Python programming language
- Identify how to help learners understand simple error messages in Python syntax and debug code
- Reflect on the power of text-based programming and what your learners can create
- Produce tools to support children’s transition from block-based to text-based programming
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers and volunteers who are supporting young learners (usually 7-14 year olds) transition from Scratch to Python programming. You should have experience programming in both Scratch and Python. If you need to learn to use Python, you can use our Programming 101: An Introduction to Python for Educators course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.