Embrace the maker movement - build a makerspace in your community
A makerspace is an area inside a school, library or other public facility, which young people can use to apply digital skills to the real world, exploring ideas and making things collaboratively.
This online course will show you how to create a makerspace in your community. You’ll explore different approaches to makerspaces, understand the pedagogy that underpins the maker movement, and get practical advice on getting started.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand the benefits of embracing making and know how to find partners to help you build a successful makerspace in your community.
What topics will you cover?
- How to create a makerspace in your community
- The pedagogy that underpins the maker movement
- Practical advice to help you get started
- The different approaches to makerspaces
- Identifying partners who can help you build a successful makerspace
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #RPiLearn to talk about this course on social media.