Weekly study3 hours
The Global Business Environment: Evolution and Dynamics
Understand the impact of globalisation on international business
Recent decades have witnessed the globalisation of the business environment. This development has sponsored enormous opportunities but complicated the risks associated with business operations. This course will cover how changing realities transform companies.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- learn about globalisation and its impact on the business environment
- identify the implications for the global business environment of the rise of the BRICS
- identify the potential emerging markets of the future
- connect with professionals from across the globe, debating the challenges facing companies
- Globalisation – definitions and drivers
- The global business environment – national, regional and international dimensions
- The changing geopolitics of the global economy, specifically the rise of the BRICS
- The challenge of doing business in China
- Beyond the BRICS – who will be the next group of emerging markets?
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the components of the business environment in relation to a global company
- Discuss the impact of current issues on the regional, national and international environment
- Compare the impact on the economy of the national and regional environments
- Explore regional disparities in context
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at people looking to gain a better understanding of the impact of globalisation on the business environment. It will be of particular interest to those with a business background, who wish to learn more about how the evolving geopolitics of the world economy not only generates new commercial opportunities but also additional risks and challenges.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.