Master of Business Administration (Health Care Sector)
Explore the unique global challenges faced by leaders and managers within health and social care organisations and gain the skills and knowledge required to deliver quality health services and respond to future demands.
Degree titleMaster of Business Administration (Health Care Sector)
DurationFull-time – 1 year; Part-time – 2 years
Total tuition fee£17,550 GBP
Become an innovative leader in the modern world of health and social care
Leadership and management of health and social care services in hospitals and related facilities is changing rapidly with governments, funding bodies and insurance companies demanding greater accountability and efficiency. The complex patient journey creates unique challenges for managers of health and social care services.
This degree aims to address those challenges and prepare the next generation of healthcare leaders, managers and entrepreneurs to think creatively in delivering health and social care services and responding to future demands.
- Full-time – 1 year; Part-time – 2 years
- 11 programs
What do I need to apply?
An honours degree in any discipline, obtained from a recognised university/HE institution, or an equivalent qualification in a business related area.
Applicants will also need to have a minimum of two years post-degree full-time work experience in a management/administrative/professional capacity.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements but have relevant experience will also be considered on an individual basis.
English as a Foreign Language Participants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5 overall with no component less than 5.5, or TOEFL 600. If you have IELTS 6.0 you may be eligible to study our online pre-sessional English course.
How can I study this course?
This course can be studied 100% online with both full-time and part-time options.
The full-time route takes one year to complete, or part-time two years.
How much will it cost?
This course has a UK and International fee. The Admissions Team will carry out a fee assessment where appropriate, to determine which fee is applicable.
16 May 2022
UK students – £17,550
International students – £17,550
12 September 2022
UK students – £17,550
International students – £17,550
Postgraduate UK/EU students
The tuition fee for the course that is stated on the course webpage and in the prospectus will apply. If the duration of the course is longer than one academic year, we may increase the fee for each subsequent year of study but any such increases will be no more than inflation. Following the UK’s exit from the European Union, EU students should be aware that there may be a change to UK laws following the UK’s exit; this may change their student status, their eligibility to study part time, and/or their eligibility for student finance. We will act in accordance with the UK’s laws in force in relation to student tuition fees and finance from time to time.
Postgraduate international students
The tuition fee that is stated on the course webpage and in the prospectus for the first year of study will apply. We will review our tuition fees each year. For international students, we may increase fees for each subsequent year of study but such increases will be no more than 5% above inflation.
What are the learning outcomes?
A student who successfully completes the degree will have achieved the following learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the social, political, economic and environmental impact of an enterprise and the need to develop ethical and responsible management practices.
- Act in a culturally sensitive manner towards all of an enterprise’s stakeholders through having an understanding of the interconnected global nature of business.
- Demonstrate reflective practice for the development, and achievement, of personal career goals.
- Critically assess the basis of an enterprise’s value creating activities and the impact of the external environment on value creation.
- Critically assess the manager’s role in ensuring that an enterprise creates sustainable value in the context of dynamic internal and external environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and explore potential solutions to complex and ambiguous problems.
- Explore, critically evaluate and apply a range of sector/role specific models and concepts within a practice setting.
- Formulate potential solutions to complex and ambiguous problems whilst acknowledging the risks and evaluating potential outcomes.
- Initiate and lead a sector/role specific change management project.
Programs on this degree
What you’ll get as a degree student with FutureLearn
- Learn when you want by watching videos, reading articles, doing tests, and completing assignments online
- Join online discussions and collaborate with your peers in a virtual study group
- Enjoy discussions with feedback from expert educators
- Get full access to the university library, online resources and support
Want to know more?
Coventry secured 5 QS Stars for Teaching and Online Learning in the QS World University Ranking 2020 and has received No. 1 in the world for Massive Open Online Courses in MoocLab’s World University Ranking 2021.Study at Coventry University