Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Business Opportunities in Additive Manufacturing
Explore the business case for additive manufacturing
The rapid evolution of additive manufacturing, or 3D printing, has created a multitude of opportunities across industries. It has extended far beyond its traditional use to have an impact on how companies operate, create value for their customers, and boost profits.
On this three-week course, you’ll examine the business case for additive manufacturing (AM) alongside experts at EIT RawMaterials.
You’ll discover how and when additive manufacturing can be profitably used in industrial applications and how it affects companies’ business models.
Discover a strategic framework to implement additive manufacturing
As you explore the current AM landscape, you’ll discover the key financial advantages of additive manufacturing. You’ll then examine the practical process and strategic frameworks for implementing AM.
This will give you a clear overview of how existing business can be enhanced, and how new business can be created using AM as supporting technology.
Learn how to prepare a business model canvas
You’ll learn how to create, prepare, and apply a business model canvas to a real-life case study before getting the opportunity to practice pitching your AM business case to others.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to confidently make the business case for the use of additive manufacturing.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how additive manufacturing can be used to improve business
- Improve your understanding business models of AM
- Apply the AM business model to a real-life case
- Explain your business ideas to others
- Engage with other professionals and entrepreneurs
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who want to learn more about additive manufacturing.
You could be a professional already familiar with additive manufacturing and looking to understand how it can be used to enhance or create business for your company. The course will also benefit entrepreneurs looking to enter the additive manufacturing market.
Aalto University is located in Espoo, Finland. The university is composed of six schools (four technical schools, school of business, and school of arts, design and architecture) with over 11,000 students, 4400 staff, and close to 400 professors.
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We build a sustainable future by creating novel solutions to major global challenges. We value responsibility, courage, and collaboration.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends