Explore new models to provide feedback to and support your students and trainees
This online course will focus on the principles of workplace-based assessment and commonly used workplace-based assessment tools. It will show you how to apply these as part of your clinical supervision.
You’ll learn the importance of assessing competence and progression among your students and trainees.
You’ll also look at models to observe performance and provide effective feedback, and explore strategies to identify and support learners who are in difficulty.
- Workplace based assessments
- WPBAs: supervisor and trainee perspectives
- Giving feedback
- Learners in difficulty
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the principles of workplace-based assessment
- Develop a working knowledge and understanding of commonly used workplace-based assessment tools
- Discuss the principles of assessing competence progression among learners
- Evaluate a variety of models to observe performance and provide effective feedback to learners
- Identify and support learners in difficulty
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for all post-registration doctors and healthcare professionals, especially those holding supervisory responsibility for pre-registration health professional students and postgraduate medical trainees in hospital or community settings.
It is one of a series of Clinical Supervision courses developed by a multidisciplinary group of clinical educators from Norwich Medical School. You can also take: