Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
SQL for Data Analysis
Do you want to expand your career options?
The demand for data analysis skills is projected to grow at over four times the rate of the overall labour market. Expand your career options and earning potential by improving your knowledge and skills in this area.
This course builds on the previous two within this Data Analysis for Business ExpertTrack to round off your knowledge and prepare you to use these skills in a professional environment.
Filter and aggregate data with basic SQL queries
Expand your SQL knowledge to group and modify functions that appear within your database.
Understanding these queries will allow you to hone in on specific parts of your data set and carry out deeper interrogation of your business analytics.
Differentiate between correlation and causation
It’s impossible to deduce a causal relationship between two variables purely based on the association.
On this course, you’ll learn the difference between correlation and causation, and the potential pitfalls in making assumptions in this area. You will then explore ways to draw firmer conclusions from your data.
Calculate correlation using Pearson’s coefficient
You’ll explore techniques to measure relationships between items within your datasets, including Pearson’s coefficient which measures linear correlation between two data variables.
- Introduction to using SQL
- More advanced SQL skills
- Diagnostic analytics and relationships in data
- Communicating findings of data analysis
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the correct syntax for basics SQL queries (filter, aggregate)
- Identify the correct join type to use
- Calculate correlation using Pearson's coefficient
- Differentiate between correlation and causation
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals who require data analytics skills in the workplace including:
- Early-stage or aspiring data or business analysts looking to boost their qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills.
- Business professionals working in a role that requires data analytics skills.
- Business or arts graduates looking to start their first professional role by adding required quantitative skills such as data analysis.
In collaboration with
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends