Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Strategy: Tactics, Action and Control
Build planning and control skills to make your digital marketing stand out
On this two-week course, you’ll start by exploring the ‘T’ and ‘A’ in the SOSTAC® framework – ‘Tactics’ and ‘Action’. You’ll gain insights into the process of defining and planning your tactics and how to take action to deploy and manage them effectively.
These steps are not just about which channels you use and how you use them, but also the practical ways to manage your activity effectively. Throughout the course, you’ll learn how to align your tactics with your situational insights to make sure you are working towards achieving your goals.
Gain the confidence to test and learn from your digital marketing strategy
Next, you’ll focus on how to build an iterative approach to digital marketing planning by using ‘Control’ – the last step in the SOSTAC® framework.
This uses measurement to change and improve the previous steps in the framework, particularly your tactics and actions.
There is no ‘one size fits all’ answer to the right channel mix but this course will show you how to test and learn from your activities so you can assess what is working and maximise its impact based on your learnings.
Learn to interpret data to develop your measurement and reporting skills
You’ll take your learning about objective setting and dashboards from the previous courses on this ExpertTrack and further discover how to interpret data. This will help you consider how you can improve measures and adjust your approach to build the perfect digital marketing channel mix to achieve your objectives.
Created by The Open University with experts in digital marketing strategy, Target Internet
You’ll learn with Target Internet who have provided expertise to leading brands including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- Defining tactics and action
- Getting the right digital marketing channel mix
- Aligning tactics with situational insights
- Using data for campaign improvement
- Using data for tactical planning
- Looking for opportunities for experimentation
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the importance of setting the appropriate tactical plan to achieve your objectives
- Explore how to manage your tactical channel mix using a range of techniques and how to manage your resources effectively
- Evaluate the importance of developing a data led approach to digital marketing activity
- Design and implement a measurement framework and the appropriate processes to implement a data led approach
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of digital marketing strategy as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies in marketing, communications and business more generally.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends