Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Online Display Advertising: Measuring Performance
Learn to use online display advertising analytics to improve performance
Measuring the success of online display campaigns isn’t straightforward. Just because you saw an ad and didn’t click doesn’t mean you won’t buy it. Just because you click doesn’t mean you’ll go on to purchase. So how do you measure the true value of your online display advertising?
On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to measure and calculate your online display advertising activity, including the metrics that matter. You’ll learn how to interpret and analyse ad platform and web analytics and use key insights to improve performance and return on investment (ROI).
Discover how to use ad platform and web analytics to analyse performance
You’ll learn about the ad measurement options, such as impressions, clicks and conversion, along with some of the variables that can impact your results. Exploring ad platforms and web analytics like Google Analytics, you’ll learn how to analyse performance and how to use attribution modelling to calculate the ROI of your adverts.
Develop an iterative approach to online display advertising that leads to ongoing improvements
You’ll explore the opportunity to iterate and use a data-based approach to improvement. You’ll also learn about A/B and multivariate testing and consider what can impact these tests.
By the end, you’ll understand how to use analytics, measurement, and iteration to calculate the value of online display advertising and drive improvements for your business.
Learn from email marketing experts and take your digital skills to the next level
This course is designed by Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles with The Open University. Daniel is an award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast, providing expertise to leading brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal and Warner Bros.
- The online display advertising iteration opportunity
- Core measures: impressions, clicks and conversion
- Online display advertising variables that impact results
- A/B and multivariate testing online display advertising
- Ad platform analytics
- Web analytics for online display advertising
- Attribution modelling to calculate the true value of online display activity
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain how to take an iterative approach to online display advertising that leads to ongoing campaign improvement
- Explore how to interpret and analyse online ad platform and web analytics reports
- Identify the opportunities of A/B and multivariate testing in online display advertising and the variables that impact these tests
- Discuss how attribution modelling can be used to see how online display advertising is contributing to organisational objectives
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of online display advertising as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends