This course is part of the Online Display Advertising ExpertTrack
Online Display Advertising: The User Journey
Learn to use online display advertising throughout the user journey to drive engagement and deliver marketing objectives.
Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Online Display Advertising: The User Journey
Explore how to use online display advertsing across the user journey
Online display advertising is changing quickly with new ad networks, formats, and targeting options, all competing for attention.
On this two-week course, developed by The Open University with digital marketing experts, Target Internet, you’ll learn how to use online display advertising effectively across the user journey.
Discover how to create customer-centric online display advertising
You’ll learn about the role of online display advertising in the user journey and setting advertising objectives to achieve your goals. You’ll discover how your campaigns can be more successful when you focus on understanding your audience and their online journey.
To ensure your advert is seen in the right place, at the right time, by the right person, you’ll learn how to plan, implement, and measure high-performing display advertising campaigns. You’ll also hear about ad blockers, online advertising volumes, ad networks, creative and targeting options, as well as the common pitfalls of online advertising, such as poor targeting and repetition.
Explore essential building blocks for effective online display advertising
You’ll delve into the essential building blocks to carry out your campaign activity, including tools, techniques, and metrics, as well as what to avoid when planning and why it’s important to measure and optimise your campaigns.
Gain online display advertising skills to boost your career
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to apply a user-centric approach to online display advertising, helping you create customer-centric media plans that align with your audience objectives and business goals.
You’ll learn from digital marketing experts Target Internet who have worked with brands including the BBC, Sony, L’Oreal and Warner Bros.
What topics will you cover?
- The role of online display advertising in the user journey
- Ad blockers and online advertising volume
- User journey mapping and online display advertising
- Ad networks and creative options
- Online display advertising targeting options
- Keeping iteration and measurement at the core of online display advertising activity
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how online display should be used differently at each stage of the user journey
- Identify the role of online display advertising in achieving your digital objectives
- Demonstrate how to take a user-centric approach to online display advertising that will align your audience and organisational objectives
- Explore what should be avoided when planning online display advertising activity
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in increasing their understanding of online display advertising as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical skills in marketing, communications, and business.
Who will you learn with?
MD TargetInternet.com - helping upskill the world's leading organisations in Digital Marketing & Digital Transformation.
Host of the Digital Marketing Podcast, a global top 20 business podcast.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn