Educational Leadership: Improving Schools through Effective Leadership
Have the opportunity to discover what it takes to lead
Effective leadership skills are important for any aspiring senior educator or practising head. Successful leaders aren’t just born, they can be created. Effective leadership skills can be learned, and they can certainly be developed.
On this course, you’ll have the opportunity to discover what makes a great leader, the chance to develop your leadership skills, explore leadership principles, and the opportunity to grow the confidence you need to succeed in your school.
Examine different leadership styles and leadership theory
You’ll have the chance to reflect on your own leadership style, and examine your motivations as an educational leader – laying the basis for the potential development of your skills.
You’ll explore the strengths and weaknesses of different leadership styles, and have the chance to learn how you can improve yours, with the opportunity to apply leadership theory to real-world scenarios to help try and improve your decision making.
Drive school improvement and positive school culture
On this online course, you’ll work alongside leadership experts at Coventry University, exploring ways to lead positive culture within your school, and how great leadership can nurture great teaching.
You’ll examine learning-centred leadership, explore how you can have a positive impact on teaching and learning, and have the chance to see what effective school leadership looks like in times of crisis.
Learn leadership skills through practical steps
Studying as part of an international cohort of educators, you’ll have the chance to study via a practical combination of expert interviews, case studies, and real-life application of leadership theory – getting the chance to engage in leadership training which could take your career forward upon successful completion.
- What is leadership, really?
- Getting to know your own leadership style, strengths and weaknesses
- An introduction to leadership theory and its practical applications
- Leading change and shaping a successful school culture
- Effective school leadership in times of crisis
- Learning-centred leadership and school improvement
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on your leadership style and motivations as a basis for effective development
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of different leadership styles and what you can do to improve yours
- Apply leadership theory to real-life scenarios to inform effective decision-making
- Explore ways of leading the development of a positive culture within your school
- Identify the importance of quality leadership in nurturing teaching and learning to drive school improvement
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone working in an educational setting looking to develop their leadership skills (subject to successful completion). It aims to be particularly relevant for current middle managers looking to move into a more senior position, or for current senior leaders aiming to further enhance their leadership abilities, upon successful completion of the course.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.