This course is part of the Email Marketing eCRM ExpertTrack
Email Marketing eCRM: Measurement and Iteration
Discover how to use email service providers and web analytics to improve your email marketing and drive your business objectives.
Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Email Marketing eCRM: Measurement and Iteration
Learn to use email marketing analytics, measurement and iteration to improve ROI
If you want your email marketing efforts to be successful, it’s essential to track and measure your email performance so you know what works with your audience and what doesn’t.
For true commercial insights, you must monitor your email campaigns regularly and use email reporting and web analytics to improve them. You also need to know how to draw out insights to evaluate ongoing performance. On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to effectively analyse and measure your email marketing campaigns.
Understand how to measure your success using an email service provider
You’ll learn how to measure your email marketing using an email service provider (ESP) and web analytics data. You’ll also discover how to interpret and analyse email and analytics reports, plan improvements, and deliver better ROI.
Topics include the email iteration opportunity, core measures including open rates, click-through rates, conversion, and email variables that can impact test results, as well as A/B and multivariate testing.
Develop an iterative approach to email marketing that leads to ongoing campaign improvement
You’ll learn how you can use email and web analytics for ongoing improvement, including how to measure the impact of email marketing through attribution modelling which will help you calculate the true value of your email activity.
By the end, you’ll know how to use email marketing analytics, measurement, and iteration to drive your business objectives.
Learn from email marketing experts and take your knowledge to the next level
This course is designed by Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles with The Open University. Daniel is an award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast. He has provided expertise to brands including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
What topics will you cover?
- The email iteration opportunity
- Core measures: open rates, click through rates and conversion
- Email variables that impact results
- A/B and multivariate testing
- ESP reports
- Web analytics for email marketing
- Attribution modelling to calculate the true value of email activity
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how to take an iterative approach to email marketing that leads to on-going campaign improvement
- Investigate how to interpret and analyse ESP and web analytics reports
- Assess the opportunities of A/B and multivariate testing in email marketing and the variables that impact these tests
- Explore how attribution modelling can be used to see how email marketing is contributing to organisational objectives
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of email marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who will you learn with?
MD TargetInternet.com - helping upskill the world's leading organisations in Digital Marketing & Digital Transformation.
Host of the Digital Marketing Podcast, a global top 20 business podcast.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn