What topics will you cover?
- What is EMI?
- Different contexts of EMI use and different interpretations/meanings of the term including internationalisation ‘at home’
- Latest research findings and discussions about how ELF research has influenced EMI
- The role of language in effective intercultural communication
- Useful language for presenting ideas in English (e.g. signposting language)
- The use of the voice in effective intercultural communication, e.g. clarity, speed of delivery, intonation etc
- How far is accuracy in language important?
- Issues and challenges in lecturing for a multilingual and multicultural audience
- Facilitating and managing effective communication in small groups or seminars
- Recognising cultural differences in the international classroom and avoiding stereotypes
- Practical tips for addressing intercultural challenges
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLemi to talk about this course on social media.