Explore how your food reaches you
How does your food reach your plate? Can you trust your food? Find out with this online course that will help you understand global food supply systems.
You’ll explore the challenges and responsibilities of different people in the food system, including the role of the consumer. You will assess the information available to consumers relating to issues of food safety, nutrition and quality, sustainability of production methods and how these affect consumer trust. You’ll leave the course knowing more about where your food comes from and how you can make a difference in the food supply chain.
- The global food supply system and the general principles behind food production and consumption
- Factors that influence consumer trust and the information sources available
- Case study examples that explore key consumer concerns; Food safety, Nutrition and quality of our food and Sustainable and ethical food production
- Consideration of the role of the consumer and engagement with innovation in the food sector
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the complexity of the global food system and the issues that affect consumer trust in food
- Explain the key factors involved in food safety
- Critically evaluate different sources of nutritional information
- Explore the different food labels that provide assurances to consumers
- Reflect on the role of the consumer in influencing the food supply system
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in learning about where their food comes from.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLTrustInOurFood to talk about this course on social media.