- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
Gender and Development
Explore the relationship between gender and development
This online course explores why gender matters in contemporary international and community development, asking you to:
- explore the challenges for achieving gender justice throughout the world
- examine the concepts of gender, development and what brings gender and development together.
- What does gender have to do with international development?
- Is ‘woman’ the core of gender and development?
- What brings gender and development together?
- What is the history of women in international development?
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the concept of Gender and how it is now considered an integral part of development.
- Evaluate the concept of Development – what does it mean, what is its history, have we arrived yet?
- Investigate ways in which gender and development can contribute to positive change.
- Assess the complex circumstances in which gender and development work occurs.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who have an interest in or are working in gender development or the humanitarian and community sectors.
Take your learning to the next stage
The course provides a free introduction to a Deakin University’s postgraduate degree in Development and Humanitarian Action which can be done entirely on FutureLearn.
Advance your career with a degree
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLgenderdev to talk about this course on social media.