Gender and Development
Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Explore the relationship between gender and development
This online course explores why gender matters in contemporary international and community development, asking you to:
- explore the challenges for achieving gender justice throughout the world
- examine the concepts of gender, development and what brings gender and development together.
What topics will you cover?
- What does gender have to do with international development?
- Is ‘woman’ the core of gender and development?
- What brings gender and development together?
- What is the history of women in international development?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who have an interest in or are working in gender development or the humanitarian and community sectors.
Take your learning to the next stage
The course provides a free introduction to a Deakin University’s postgraduate degree in Development and Humanitarian Action which can be done entirely on FutureLearn.
Join the conversation on social media
You can use the hashtag #FLgenderdev to talk about this course on social media.