- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $69
Good Brain, Bad Brain: Parkinson's Disease
Understand Parkinson's Disease
This online course is aimed at anyone who wants to find out the fundamentals of Parkinson’s disease. We will look at how Parkinson’s disease affects people; what causes it; what we can do to try to ameliorate the symptoms of Parkinson’s; and what we don’t yet know about it.
- Neurobiology of movement
- Pathology of Parkinson’s disease
- Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Treatments for Parkinson’s disease
- Current research for Parkinson’s disease
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the key regions of the brain involved in movement control
- Explain how disruption to basal ganglia function can lead to the signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease
- Investigate the rationale behind current areas of research
- Apply a knowledge of the pathology of Parkinson's disease to explain how current therapies work
- Explore some of the current areas of active research
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at anyone who wants to find out the fundamentals of Parkinson’s disease.
You will need to have a basic knowledge of what the brain is made of, how these component cellular parts are organised and the principles of how these cells function normally. It will be suitable if you have taken the Good Brain, Bad Brain: Basics course or who studied neuroscience in the early years of an undergraduate degree.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLbrainparkinsons to talk about this course on social media.