Explore how to make Higher Education more inclusive
According to research by the UK government, disabled people are around half as likely to hold a degree-level qualification than people without disabilities. It raises an important question: how can we make education more inclusive?
On this course you will learn about different aspects of inclusion and digital accessibility experienced by students, teachers and support staff in Higher Education.
You’ll explore the barriers experienced by disabled students, the role of inclusive practices and hear firsthand from students about the impact inclusion has had on their studies.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to inclusive learning with students and staff perspective
- How inclusive learning practices differ from individual adjustments
- Creating inclusive learning and teaching materials using digital technologies
- Inclusive library services, science, practical sessions and fieldwork
- Setting inclusive assignments and assessments
- Planning and encouraging inclusive collaborative learning activities
Upgrade - $49
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLinclusive to talk about this course on social media.