Weekly study3 hours
Innovation in Arable Farming: Technologies for Sustainable Farming Systems
Consider ways arable farmers in the EU can use agri-tech to benefit business
Intensification of arable farming systems can be achieved through the adoption of innovative technologies, without negatively impacting the environment. However, uptake of these technologies by farmers across the EU has been limited.
On this course, you’ll explore evidence-based information that outlines the benefits and challenges of adopting new technologies within the EU, and have the chance to read case study examples of some of these applications.
You’ll learn from other farmers who have already adopted agri-tech on their farm and hear how they overcame any barriers to adoption.
You’ll also evaluate the potential of agri-tech to enhance production while meeting environmental and social responsibilities.
• Sustainable arable farming
• Case studies of data driven agri-tech solutions
• Precision agriculture
• Data collection technologies
• Financial considerations
• Social considerations
• Environmental considerations
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Improve your knowledge on the concepts of precision agriculture and sustainable intensification and the impact these can have on farming systems.
- Compare the different technologies that can be used to increase productivity and know how to work out yields to profit.
- Explore how to use agri-tech to help reduce environmental impacts of farm practices.
- Identify which skills are necessary to implement new data-driven arable farming techniques.
- Develop an action plan for precision farming.
Who is the course for?
This course would appeal to individuals working in the agricultural industry – including farmers, growers, and other primary producers.
It would also benefit environmental sector workers, farm advisors, agronomists, agricultural extension workers, inputs supply companies, agri-tech developers, and others who wish to develop their knowledge in this expanding area.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.