- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Internal Analysis of a Company: From Value Chain to SWOT Analysis
Explore internal analysis in a strategy and decision making context
How does internal analysis play a pivotal role in the success of a business? This short course will show you how internal analysis tools can have a positive impact on a company’s strategy and decision-making.
Unlock the strategic capabilities of your company
In this course, you’ll have the opportunity to look at the value chain and explore how value is created or lost, and learn why strategic capabilities are so important. You’ll consider why some organisations outperform others and you’ll discover what internal resources and competencies can be implemented to establish a solid base for building a powerful business strategy.
Build your understanding of intangible and tangible assets (also commonly called physical assets) and resources, and look at the industry life cycle of a business – from start-up and growth to maturity and decline.
Learn how to do a SWOT analysis
Micro analysis can hold the key to revealing an organisation’s internal potential in terms of competency, cost position and competitive viability in the marketplace. Conducting an internal analysis often incorporates measures that provide useful information about a company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats – a SWOT analysis. It’s a simple yet widely used tool to help give a company the edge over its rivals.
You’ll also be introduced to the concept of frameworks, and explore organisational goals and values, and how they can be implemented.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the nature and importance of internal analysis
- Explain how tangible and intangible resources impact an organisation’s strategy
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for intermediate-level business managers and students to gain more knowledge about strategy and globalisation. This course will equip you with the concepts, framework and techniques needed for better environmental scanning.
Gain a sound working knowledge of business strategy, decision-making, business models and the pros and cons of strategic choices.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends