- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Strategic Choice and Planning: Target Markets and Business Decision-Making
Explore the importance of strategic choices and decision-making in a business
As world events speed up, it’s becoming ever more vital for organisations to put strategic choice at the heart of a business plan. This course will give you the opportunity to build your knowledge of how to make smart strategic choices and make decisions within a business context.
Build your understanding of strategic planning essentials
Strategic choices are integral to the successful running of a business, and should be undertaken at a variety of levels. This course will give you the knowledge to make plans at all three levels: Corporate level strategy (the foundational questions of what you want to achieve), business unit level strategy (how you’ll compete) and market level strategy (how to grow your business).
BCG explained: the Boston Consulting Group Matrix
When defining a strategy for your business, the Boston Consulting Group matrix (or BCG matrix) will help with long-term strategic planning. With the BCG matrix, you’ll have the chance to assess the dynamic environment, considering portfolio and investment growth opportunities and whether to develop or discontinue products.
Conduct effective, in-depth research into strategic leadership
You’ll have the opportunity to cover the basics of strategic direction and leadership, competitive dynamics, and how these can help you build an effective senior management team. You’ll also learn how strategic leadership creates value for a business.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the nature and importance of strategic choices
- Explain the importance of course portfolio management
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for intermediate-level business managers and students to gain more knowledge about strategy and globalisation. This course will equip you with the concepts, framework and techniques needed for better environmental scanning.
Gain a sound working knowledge of business strategy, decision-making, business models and the pros and cons of strategic choices.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends