- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Competitor Analysis: From Business Level Strategy to Organisational Structures
Explore competitive analysis in a strategic and decision-making context
What is competitor analysis, and how can it help businesses outperform their rivals? Understanding your competition is vital to surpassing them. This short, 360-degree course will explain how.
Competitive analysis can be defined as identifying a businesses major rivals and researching their products, sales, and marketing strategies. The right competitive analysis framework and tools can play a major part in planning your future strategies and decision-making.
Learn the different types of organisational structures
In this course, you’ll get to grips with understanding organisational goals and values, and why it’s important to think of your competitors as stakeholders. You’ll also explore the different types of organisational structures, such as the ‘lean pyramid’.
Use competitive analysis tools
Find out how you can easily perform competitive analysis by using the right tools. Although many tools target a particular niche, more generic tools can be used to analyse multiple areas of a competitor and their strategies to give you an overview of their efforts, allowing you to see potential avenues for growth.
Understand business level strategy
Business level strategies provide a way to add value to customers by exploiting a firm’s core competencies. In this course, you’ll examine how such strategies can help a company gain the competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the nature and importance of competitive analysis
- Evaluate different strategies for identifying competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for intermediate-level business managers and students to gain more knowledge about strategy and globalisation. This course will equip you with the concepts, framework and techniques needed for better environmental scanning.
Gain a sound working knowledge of business strategy, decision-making, business models and the pros and cons of strategic choices.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends