Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Competitor Analysis: From Business Level Strategy to Organisational Structures
Explore competitor analysis and enhance your decision-making skills
What is competitor analysis, and how can it help businesses outperform their rivals? Understanding your competition is vital to surpassing them. This two-week, 360-degree course will explain how.
Competitive analysis can be defined as identifying a businesses major rivals and researching their products, sales, and marketing strategies. The right competitive analysis framework and tools can play a major part in planning your future business strategies and decision-making.
Explore the different types of organisational structures
In this course, you’ll have the opportunity to get to grips with understanding organisational goals and values, and why it’s important to think of your competitors as stakeholders. You’ll also explore the different types of organisational structures, such as the ‘lean pyramid’.
Use competitor analysis tools such as stakeholder mapping
Find out how you can easily perform competitive analysis by using the right tools. Although many tools target a particular niche, more generic tools can be used to analyse multiple areas of a competitor and their strategies to give you an overview of their efforts, allowing you to see potential avenues for growth.
Understand business-level strategy and strategic management
Business level strategies provide a way to add value to customers by exploiting a firm’s core competencies. In this course, you’ll examine how such strategies can help a company gain the competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the nature and importance of competitive analysis
- Evaluate different strategies for identifying competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for intermediate-level business managers and students to gain more knowledge about strategy and globalisation. This course aims to equip you with the concepts, framework and techniques needed for better environmental scanning.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends