This course is part of the AI Design and Engineering with Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack
AI Programming with Python for Beginners
Supercharge your career with this course in Python for beginners, covering the Pandas DataFrame and data visualisation tools.
Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
AI Programming with Python for Beginners
What’s the best way to learn Python programming for beginners? It’s easy for novices to use and learn the powerful programming language.
This course is a great introduction to fundamental programming concepts and how to code in Python.
You’ll learn the basics such as syntax, variables and types before carrying out data analysis using Python. After you’ve mastered these essentials you’ll progress to handling data structures such as creating and manipulating regular Python lists, NumPy arrays and the Pandas DataFrame.
You’ll also learn other Python functions, import packages and control flows along the way, and discover how to perform interesting calculations.
This Python online course will also allow you to take your first dive into the world of data visualisation, and you’ll create your first stunning visualisations and customise plots on real data.
What is Python used for? Coding and the fundamentals explained
On this online Python course you’ll find out why Python is the best programming language for AI and machine learning. Machine learning with Python teaches computers to learn from and recognise specific patterns. Python AI is also capable of making predictions, estimating potential answers and more.
You’ll discover how coding with Python allows developers to create advanced networks with powerful data-management capabilities.
Unlock quick and easy data visualisation techniques
How can you use Python to turn vast quantities of data into useful, easy-to-understand data?
The course will show you the different ways Python can be used to present high-volume information, from histograms and heat maps to raincloud plots, to help you analyse and make better data-based decisions.
What topics will you cover?
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Functions, Methods and Objects
- Boolean Logic, Pandas and Data Visualisation
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore Python language fundamentals, including basic syntax, variables, and types
- Create and manipulate regular Python lists
- Use functions and import packages
- Build Numpy arrays, and perform interesting calculations
- Create and customize plots on real data
- Supercharge your scripts with control flow, and get to know the Pandas DataFrame
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students and professionals looking to launch a career in Python programming.
It’s also ideal for students with a basic knowledge of Python who wish to gain more extensive knowledge.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn