Weekly study2 hours
Professional Knife Skills
Boost your culinary skills with this chef knife skills training course
This course is designed for anyone who would like to improve their knife skills in the kitchen, be it a home or in a professional kitchen.
Alongside experienced chefs at the International Culinary Studio, you’ll learn everything you need to know about effective and safe knife cutting when cooking.
Study the different types of knives and how to use them
Knives are considered one of the most important tools for the chef in the kitchen, and chefs typically have a range of knives in their tool kit, each with a specific use.
On this course, you’ll learn about different types of knives and how to select a knife that is suitable to your needs.
You’ll also learn about knife maintenance, getting professional tips for caring for, washing, sharpening and correctly storing your knives and cutting equipment.
Learn the best knife cutting techniques to prevent injury
Using a knife incorrectly can result in serious injury. You’ll learn various safe knife cutting techniques that will ensure you can prepare food safely and effectively.
As well as building safe but fast knife skills, you’ll learn about age restrictions on certain cutting equipment and how to handle and carry knives correctly.
- Types of Knives
- Different blades and their uses
- Material used to make knives
- Recommended knife brands
- Cutting equipment
- Parts of a knife
- How to carry your knives
- Knife Safety
- How to sharpen your knives
- Cleaning and maintaining your knives
- Storing your knives and cutting equipment
- Using large cutting equipment safely
- Knife cutting techniques
- Precision cuts
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the different types of knives and cutting equipment and uses
- Explain the importance of correct and safe use of knives and cutting equipment
- Describe the different ways to clean, maintain and store knives and cutting equipment
- Identify relevant age restrictions specific to the use of cutting equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to make use of various cutting techniques
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to improve their knife skills for food preparation.
This course is suitable for foodies and home chefs, as well as those starting out in their professional cheffing career.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.