Weekly study5 hours
Teaching English Online: China and Beyond
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Learn how to adapt your face-to-face teaching skills to an online environment
Do you live in China and want to take your English teaching online? Are you teaching Chinese students online? We have added online resources to this course that are accessible in China.
Teaching English online gives both learners and teachers the flexibility to choose when, where and how they develop English language skills. On this course, you’ll discover the skills, knowledge, digital tools and resources you need to design and deliver effective online English lessons whether you are in China or around the world.
You’ll gain insights from online teachers and trainers and have the opportunity to share your experiences and ideas with your fellow course participants.
The context of English Language Teaching online
- Contexts: learners and learning
- Strategies for developing rapport and engagement
- Dealing with classroom management in an online classroom
- Key skills needed to be an effective online teacher
- Tips for finding learners and channels to deliver online learning
How to plan and deliver online skills lessons
- Developing reading skills
- Developing writing skills and dealing with errors online
- Developing speaking skills
- Developing listening skills
How to plan and deliver online language lessons
- Setting context
- Clarifying and practising language
- Dealing with pronunciation
How to continue your professional development as an online teacher
- Getting feedback on your teaching
- Evaluating and reflecting on your teaching
- Joining online communities of teachers
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate the key skills and knowledge needed as an online English teacher
- Plan and deliver lessons to develop receptive and productive skills
- Understand how to develop language skills
- Reflect and improve on professional practice
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for any experienced or recently qualified teachers living and working in China who would like to transfer their teaching to an online context.
This is a version of the Teaching English Online course, with some new materials tailored for China. The course also includes mentors from China. However, all of the content is still relevant to learners beyond China.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.