- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Programming Applications with Python: Graphics User Interface (GUI)
Make a GUI application in Python
On this second course in Programming Applications with Python, you’ll explore another common use for Python – how to create a successful GUI.
GUIs are a crucial aspect of any web service, and knowing how to create one is a vital skill for furthering your career in programming.
Create web applications using Python
Prepare to explore every aspect of creating GUI applications, from how to create a window and buttons, to adding images, dropdown menus, radio buttons, and checkboxes.
You’ll be introduced to a Python Tkinter library and discover how it can be used to make a GUI.
Interactive exercises, videos, and quizzes will help you retain information and test your knowledge throughout.
Explore web development frameworks in Python
You’ll then get a comprehensive introduction to web development frameworks, learning the pros and cons of using Python for web development and building server-side applications.
You’ll also discover what application programming interfaces (APIs) are, and how to create an API in Python using a Flask framework.
You’ll come away from this course with the skills needed to apply for in-demand programming roles, and ready to tackle the third course in the ExpertTrack.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify and define key elements needed to create a GUI using Python
- Identify and define key elements for web development using Python
Who is the course for?
This course would appeal to:
- Those looking for an entry-level role as a programmer.
- Established technology professionals wanting to better understand the versatility of Python.
- Technology team leaders looking to better understand key concepts to more effectively manage development teams.
Kickstart your programming career by learning how to program simple applications in Python.