Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Programming Applications with Python: Graphics User Interface (GUI)
Make a GUI application in Python
On this second course in Programming Applications with Python, you’ll explore another common use for Python – how to create a successful GUI.
GUIs are a crucial aspect of any web service, and knowing how to create one is a vital skill for furthering your career in programming.
Create web applications using Python
Prepare to explore every aspect of creating GUI applications, from how to create a window and buttons, to adding images, dropdown menus, radio buttons, and checkboxes.
You’ll be introduced to a Python Tkinter library and discover how it can be used to make a GUI.
Interactive exercises, videos, and quizzes will help you retain information and test your knowledge throughout.
Explore web development frameworks in Python
You’ll then get a comprehensive introduction to web development frameworks, learning the pros and cons of using Python for web development and building server-side applications.
You’ll also discover what application programming interfaces (APIs) are, and how to create an API in Python using a Flask framework.
You’ll come away from this course with the skills needed to apply for in-demand programming roles, and ready to tackle the third course in the ExpertTrack.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify and define key elements needed to create a GUI using Python
- Identify and define key elements for web development using Python
Who is the course for?
This course would appeal to:
- Those looking for an entry-level role as a programmer.
- Established technology professionals wanting to better understand the versatility of Python.
- Technology team leaders looking to better understand key concepts to more effectively manage development teams.
What software or tools do you need?
On this course we’ll be using Python. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends