- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Programming Applications with Python: Libraries and Web Scraping
Examine Python libraries for web development
This course will continue the training you’ve received so far, and introduce you to the popular Requests library in Python. You’ll study how to install the Requests library and get to know how it works.
Learning via videos, interactive exercises, and quizzes, you’ll also explore what HTTP requests are and what each of the status codes in HTTP mean.
Explore error handling and web scraping
You’ll examine performing error handling – one of the most crucial aspects of software development – before going on to learn the basics of web scraping.
Explore how common libraries and tools can be used to perform web scraping, and learn how web scraping works in practice and its pros and cons.
Using BeautifulSoup in Python program to perform web scraping, you’ll emerge with a firm understanding of the library, able to perform basic web scraping for your next project.
Learn Python with international experts
Github is a world-leading development platform, and you’ll discover the ins and outs of application programming with Python.
You’ll finish the ExpertTrack with a string of in-demand skills you can take to the software development job market – or apply to your current role – with confidence.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Articulate key elements for APIs
- Identify and define key elements for webscraping using Python
- Evaluate and select various tools for webscraping
Who is the course for?
- Career changers looking for an entry-level role as a programmer.
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand the versatility of Python.
- Technology team leaders, looking to better understand key concepts to more effectively manage development teams
What software or tools do you need?
On this course we’ll be using Python. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
Kickstart your programming career by learning how to program simple applications in Python.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends