Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $39
Learning Online: Studying and Reflecting
In this course, you’ll be introduced to some of the tools you can use to help you reflect on your learning; such as short tests and quizzes or online logs and journals. You will then move on to focus on sharing your learning with others. By producing and sharing video, using blogs, pin-boards, collaborative platforms or social media you can enrich the learning experience.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’, which introduces you to the essential skills and tools you need to study online.
- Reflecting online: why it is important to reflect, and the tools available
- Sharing online: exploration of tools to enable the sharing of text, images and video
- Using online resources to research playwright and actor, William Shakespeare
- Producing great video content by considering essential elements such as purpose, audience, subject, and quality
- Sharing video and audio: reviewing the work of others
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess your current level of confidence when reflecting and sharing online.
- Explore the tools available to share text, images and video online.
- Discuss the reasons why it is important to reflect on your learning.
- Experiment with online tools to record and reflect on your learning.
- Experiment with and explore online tools to share and collaborate online.
- Apply your learning from the previous week and produce an effective video or text article.
- Evaluate the video or text article of a fellow learner.
- Discuss and reflect on your activity before finishing this course.
- Assess your post-course understanding of reflecting and sharing online by participating in the end of course test.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.