Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Search Marketing: Paid Search Marketing – Pay Per Click (PPC)
Create successful paid search marketing campaigns that stand out from the rest
Known as pay per click (PPC), paid search can be a powerful channel to drive traffic to your website, alongside your work on organic search engine optimisation (SEO).
This two-week course is your practical guide to setting up, managing and measuring effective paid search campaigns and how they fit into the user journey.
Discover the fundamentals of paid search campaigns
Paid search works like an auction where you bid for your adverts to show when a specific phrase, or phrases, are searched for. On this course, you’ll learn to use key tools and gain the hands-on skills you need to set your bids, decide on the phrases that will trigger your adverts, and write them. You’ll also be able to set your target audience, bid price and overall budgets.
What’s more, you’ll discover how to measure the effectiveness of your campaigns and how you can continually improve their performance.
Explore the benefits of paid search marketing
A key advantage of paid search is your ability to control and target it precisely. Through expert insight, you’ll discover more of the pros and cons of paid search in detail.
If you plan, write and target your adverts well, you can ensure your website is the answer to someone’s query.
Designed by digital marketing experts Target Internet and The Open University
You’ll learn with Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles who is an award-winning author and the voice behind the Digital Marketing Podcast. You’ll benefit from his years of experience providing expertise to the likes of the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oréal and Warner Bros.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills and confidence you need to create adverts that achieve results for your business or organisation.
- Paid search in the user journey
- Keyword research for paid search
- Paid search ROI
- PPC campaign structure and settings
- Targeting PPC campaigns
- Creating effective PPC ads
- Measuring PPC success
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss how paid search works and the role of paid search in the user journey
- Explore keyword research tools and how they can be used for PPC
- Explain the role of campaign structure and targeting options within PPC campaigns
- Produce effective PPC ads
- Explore how to measure success and how to take an iterative approach to campaign improvement
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of search marketing. You don’t need any prior knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends