Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Search Marketing: Mapping the User Journey
Develop practical search marketing skills to create successful search campaigns
On this two-week course, you’ll discover how search marketing fits into the user journey, allowing you to build a customer-centric search marketing plan that brings your audience objectives and business goals together.
Explore digital marketing fundamentals to better understand your audience and set objectives
By focusing on knowing your target audience and their journey online, you’ll be able to work out the best way to make sure your search marketing aligns with what they’re looking for.
You’ll learn how to set short and long-term objectives for search engine optimisation (SEO) and paid search pay per click (PPC) campaigns and gain proven tactics and tips on how to achieve them. Importantly, you’ll understand the opportunities and challenges of SEO and PPC, including how they work together, as well as identifying common pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Build practical search marketing skills you can apply straight away
Through expert insight, you’ll learn how to carry out keyword research, optimise your content, create the right signals for search algorithms and implement paid search effectively. You’ll also learn how to continually improve your search activity to maximise the impact of your efforts.
Benefit from expert insights to help cement your knowledge in search marketing
This course is designed by practitioners who have worked with leading brands, including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal and Warner Bros. Lead Educator Daniel Rowles, Target Internet’s CEO, is an award-winning author and a voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast.
Whether you’re new to search marketing, or you have some understanding, this course will give you the confidence to support your business or organisation with successful search campaigns.
- The role of search throughout the user journey
- ROI in search marketing
- Short term and long-term objectives and tactics
- Key opportunities and challenges of organic search
- Key opportunities and challenges of paid search
- Organic and paid search working together
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on how search marketing should be used differently at each stage of the user journey
- Explore the role of SEO and PPC in achieving your digital objectives
- Demonstrate understanding of how to take a user-centric approach to search marketing that will align your audience and organisational objectives
- Explore what should be avoided when planning search activity
- Explain how to keep improving SEO and PPC to drive ROI
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of search marketing. You don’t need any prior knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends