Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Software Development with Python and Java: Prepare for a Software Development Career
In the final course of the Software Development with Python and Java ExpertTrack, you’ll build on everything you’ve learnt so far about these programming languages.
You’ll apply object-oriented programming principles to Java, and go deeper on methods, constructors, strings, inheritance, classes, and collection.
Start your career in software development
This course will help and encourage you to explore the key traits and characteristics of successful developers and compare various career paths and valuable certifications. You’ll also look at how to foster leadership in a software development team.
By the end of the course, you’ll feel more confident and better equipped to start or further your career in software development, armed with the ability to utilise Java and Python in your everyday work.
Review your Python and Java skills before adding them to your CV
This final course is an opportunity to go back over everything that you’ve learned and add some final functions to your skillset. This includes defining object-oriented programming in relation to Java, as well as describing the use of methods, strings, inheritance, and more.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define object oriented programming in relation Java
- Describe the use of methods, constructors, strings, inheritance, classes and collections in Java
- Describe key characteristics, traits and careers pathways of a professional developer
Who is the course for?
This course would appeal to individuals looking to start a career as a developer, including:
- Career starters or career changers looking for an entry level role as a developer.
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand software development.
- Entrepreneurs with an idea for a new product or service who need to understand at a high level how this could be translated into a finished digital good or service.
- Project, product or general managers, looking to gain hands-on experience developer activities.
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends