- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Software Development with Python and Java: Understanding Python
If you want to start a career in software development, it’s important to build your programming skills.
This course focuses on two of the most popular programming languages – Python and Java – which are widely used in scientific and numeric computing.
Get started building your software development skills
This course will introduce you to the world of software development, starting with the basics.
It provides a foundation for the rest of this Software Development with Python and Java ExpertTrack so that you can understand the theory and basic practices of using these programming languages before you move on to review the career paths and certifications available.
Explore how to use Python
You’ll be guided through using Python from the very beginning – install it onto your own computer, create a basic calculation, and look at the common use cases for the language. This will get you thinking about when and where you may use Python, and prepare for those scenarios.
You’ll also look at its dynamic semantic, and key aspects of the code syntax. By the end of this course, you should feel confident with a number of basic processes before moving on to the next course in this ExpertTrack.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain common use cases for Python
- Describe variables, data types, data structures, conditionals, loops and functions in Python
- Create a basic calculation using Python
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack will provide you with the foundations to start your development career. It’s best suited to:
- Career-starters or career-changers looking for an entry level role as a software developer.
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand software development.
- Entrepreneurs who need to understand how to translate an idea for a new product or service into a finished digital one.
- Project, product, or general managers looking to gain experience of developer activities.
Boost your software development career with this ExpertTrack on Python and Java
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends