Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Digital upgrade Free
Discover practical ways to teach and support your students online
As the coronavirus pandemic spreads, there has been an increasing move towards teaching online as schools and universities shut.
Even for experienced practitioners, this situation presents challenges. However, with the right knowledge, you can overcome the hurdles presented by teaching online and embrace its possibilities.
On this course, you’ll be given practical steps towards online teaching and student support. You can reflect on your own work, adapt your approaches, and share your stories with a global community of educators who’ll help you to get started and keep going in uncertain times.
What topics will you cover?
- Getting started with online teaching
- Preparing your students for successful online learning
- Using tools designed for creating, sharing and re-mixing plans for learning
- Building and sharing a library of learning designs as a community of teachers
- Bringing lessons learned from teaching online into your everyday practice
- Collecting and responding to student feedback
- Reflecting on how we teach online and making iterative improvements
- Navigating the personal impact of teaching and learning online
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who have to rapidly move from face-to-face to online teaching in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who will you learn with?
FutureLearn are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLteachonline to talk about this course on social media.