Explore how brand strategy works and learn why brand identity is so important
Brands like McDonald’s, Apple, Manchester United, Google or Harry Potter are some of the most potent commercial and cultural forces on the planet.
On this course, led by renowned consultant Robert Jones, you’ll get under the skin of these brands, and ask how and why they’ve become so powerful. You’ll learn the concepts of brand identity and brand strategy from practitioners at companies like Virgin and Google.
You’ll also receive insights and methods from the converging worlds of technology, design and brand, and develop the skills needed to be a successful brand manager.
What topics will you cover?
- How brands work: the role brands play in our lives, how brands have changed over time, how brands make a commercial and social impact
- How brands are managed: the branding industry, the changing world of brand management, managing multiple brands
- How brands get defined: how brands begin, the aims and shape of a branding project, techniques for defining what a brand wants to stand for
- How brands get designed: great brand design, the four dimensions of brand design, the fluid processes that lead to great brand design
- How brands drive organisations: the idea of the brand-led business, the four quadrants of brand action, the role of brand in innovation and change
- Where brands are going next: the future of brands, your personal brand, ways to continue the journey
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what a brand is, and how it influences people’s actions
- Describe the shape, and the changing dynamics, of the branding industry
- Start to build a brand by defining a sense of purpose
- Evaluate the role of design in branding, and the four dimensions on which it works
- Assess the advantages and techniques of brand-led management
- Imagine the future of branding, and start to build your personal brand
Who is the course for?
If you’re developing a career in brand management, or if you work in a related area, like strategy, marketing or innovation, then this course is for you.
It will support your professional development, and also provide you with a taste of what taking a Masters in branding or brand management would be like.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLbrands to talk about this course on social media.