The Secret Power of Brands
Brands are the most potent commercial and cultural force on the planet. Think McDonald’s, Apple, Manchester United, Tate, Google or Harry Potter. Get under the skin of such brands, and ask how and why they become so powerful.
The University of East Anglia has teamed up with influential brand consultancy Wolff Olins to bring you this course, led by renowned consultant Robert Jones.
You’ll learn from practitioners at companies like Virgin and Google. You’ll get a rich mixture of theory and practical tools as well as insights and methods from the converging worlds of technology, design and brand.
- How brands work: the role brands play in our lives, how brands have changed over time, how brands make a commercial and social impact
- How brands are managed: the branding industry, the changing world of brand management, managing multiple brands
- How brands get defined: how brands begin, the aims and shape of a branding project, techniques for defining what a brand wants to stand for
- How brands get designed: great brand design, the four dimensions of brand design, the fluid processes that lead to great brand design
- How brands drive organisations: the idea of the brand-led business, the four quadrants of brand action, the role of brand in innovation and change
- Where brands are going next: the future of brands, your personal brand, ways to continue the journey
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what a brand is, and how it influences people’s actions
- Describe the shape, and the changing dynamics, of the branding industry
- Start to build a brand by defining a sense of purpose
- Evaluate the role of design in branding, and the four dimensions on which it works
- Assess the advantages and techniques of brand-led management
- Imagine the future of branding, and start to build your personal brand
Who is the course for?
If you’re developing a career in branding - or if you work in a related area, like strategy, marketing or innovation - this course is for you. It will support your professional development, and also provide you with a taste of what taking a Masters in branding or brand management would be like.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.