- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Using Virtual Scenarios to Create Effective Learning
Develop the knowledge to create your own effective virtual scenarios
Virtual scenarios are online educational resources which help learners explore real world decisions, making both good judgements and errors in a safe environment. They are used to prepare professionals to deal with a range of workplace challenges.
On this course you will explore this technology, learning how to use virtual scenarios in your own teaching or training. You will learn from educators who are part of the WAVES network, and from experts across academia and business who provide training that spans disciplines such as medicine and health, legal and engineering.
- Scenario-Based Learning (SBL) and how it works
- The science of decision-making and cognition
- The importance of storytelling in learning
- Technologies available to support Virtual Scenarios
- Planning and developing a Virtual Scenario
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect upon the benefits to learners of Scenario-Based Learning and interactive Virtual Scenarios
- Describe the importance of storytelling and decision-making in developing engaging learning experiences
- Compare the features of available Virtual Scenario authoring software tools and their suitability
- Design and plan your own Virtual Scenarios
- Discuss examples of Scenario-Based Learning activities and their effectiveness
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers and trainers in any discipline who wish to create their own virtual scenarios, or learn about this approach. The course will also be of value to those studying or interested in working in education disciplines or instructional design.
What software or tools do you need?
No specific software is needed to participate in the course, but the Virtual Scenario authoring software (OpenLabyrinth and Casus) demonstrated within the course are examples of technology available to author your own Virtual Scenario and are suitable for delivering remote distance training or learning at scale. The examples showcase an open source and commercial product available for authoring Virtual Scenarios. During the course other suggested simple tools will be given for you to explore and download if you wish during week 3 of the course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.