Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Extra benefits From $39 Find out more
Use logic and problem-solving skills to solve difficult puzzles
What does it take to be a spy? Strong critical thinking and communication skills, a firm grasp of logic, and a love of puzzles are all useful.
This course will help you develop those abilities while exploring the exciting world of espionage. You’ll learn about code-making and breaking, encryption, logical thinking and more as you find out whether you would make a good spy.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to spying and the common United States agencies that collect intelligence
- Reasons for encrypting information
- Various ways information is encrypted
- Using logical thinking and linguistic patterns to break encrypted messages without a key
- How traditional decryption methods led to the modern day computer
- Why protecting information is important
- How information we provide in social media can compromise the safety of our personal information
- The effectiveness of modern day encryption
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course has been specially designed for school students aged 13 and over who enjoy puzzles and are looking to improve their logic skills or find out more about espionage.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLworldofspies to talk about this course on social media.