The professional principles
- Work can and should be a force for good – for organisations, workers and the communities, societies and economies they’re part of.
- Good work is purposeful; it is designed to help everyone use their skills and talents effectively and find personal meaning in the work they do.
- Good work is safe and inclusive; it recognises contribution in a fair manner and values human connection.
- Good work exists for the long-term benefit of individuals, organisations and society, and balances economic needs with social accountability.
- People are fundamental to businesses and organisations; they are unique and worthy of care, understanding and investment.
- People deserve to be treated fairly and have a meaningful voice on matters that affect them, in addition to their rights and protection under law.
For the people profession this means:
- being ambassadors for the profession by acting with integrity and championing better work and working lives in all we do.
- a commitment to continually develop, and to make decisions which are principles-led, evidence-based and outcomes-driven.
- bringing our expertise on people, work and change, together with our understanding of how business creates value for all, to balance the risks and opportunities inherent in any organisation and understand the implications of our decisions beyond the interests of our own organisations, for the good of wider society.
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.