- It’s highly cost effective, as it doesn’t require substantial investment in software or resources, other than your own time.
- It’s a strong lead generation tool that can build interest and later loyalty with your target audience.
- It provides unique target audience experiences with your online business.
- It builds credibility and establishes trust.
- It generates an active, loyal and repeat audience.
- It can bolster your brand’s image, perception, branding and positioning among your target market.
- It can, if well constructed, create word of mouth marketing.
- It takes a significant amount of time to develop outstanding and engaging content.
- It takes time to realise the benefits of your work – the effectiveness of content marketing is not seen immediately.
- It is a real ‘test and learn’ environment and it may take a bit of trial and error before you can see what does and does not work.
- The content can be construed as biased by some of your audience.
ReflectionRead the article ‘Should You Outsource Content Marketing? 11 Questions to Consider’ by QuicksproutThink how you might go about developing your content. Will you outsource your content or not?
Online Business: Digital Marketing for Success
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.