Getting feedback on STEM activities
- Use different tools with groups of young people to obtain immediate feedback about practical STEM activities.
- Reflect on feedback to improve presentation skills with young people and the effectiveness of the STEM activity.
- Contribute towards employer and programme evaluation of STEM volunteering activities.
- Identify further opportunities for professional development and skills development relating to volunteering and inspiring young people in STEM subjects.
OrientationIf you’re new to online learning, or new to FutureLearn, you may find the How it works guide helpful. The Crowdsourced Guide to Learning and Six tips and tools for social learning on FutureLearn may also be of interest.As you progress through the course you will be asked to undertake several tasks each week. You will have the opportunity to:
- Try out approaches to gathering feedback
- Discuss ideas with fellow learners
- Reflect on your learning
Tasks and discussions
Tasks are titled as such and are highlighted with a vertical line in the left-margin – like the one against this paragraph. The first tasks of this course are at the bottom of this page.
Introduce yourselfTo get us started, say hello, who you are, and what volunteering role you have in the comments below.
Mark completeWhen you complete a step on the course, click ‘Mark as Complete’ at the bottom right. This helps you keep track of your progress. Mark over 90% of the course steps complete and you’ll be eligible for a Certificate of Achievement when you Upgrade.
Inspiring Young People in STEM: Feedback Tools for STEM Ambassadors
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.