Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Volunteering in the Classroom: Feedback, Reviewing and Improving STEM Activities
Understand how to use feedback to improve your STEM activities
Discover the key feedback tools to use when introducing science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) in schools and find out how classroom feedback can improve your STEM activities.
If you want to deliver effective STEM activities in schools, you need to respond and implement feedback effectively. This course focuses specifically on how to do this when teaching or leading STEM-based learning.
Incorporate different types of feedback in the classroom
As a school volunteer, it can be really valuable to get feedback from young people as well as feedback from educators.
That’s why this course introduces you to the different types of classroom feedback as well as giving practical feedback tools to use when teaching STEM in schools.
You can use the tools taught on this course with students, teachers, group leaders, and other educators to assess how effective you are during STEM activities and improve your existing skills.
Improve your classroom experience by using feedback strategies
This course will help you understand how to use the feedback tools you learn about to deliver more effective STEM in schools. The different types of classroom feedback covered will teach you how to:
- Evaluate the impact of your STEM activities.
- Improve STEM activities through self-reflection.
- Collaborate with people and organisations who can help you improve your STEM learning activities.
- Continue your personal development and work towards your personal goals.
Master the art of effective feedback strategies, designed for those volunteering with young people.
After completing the training, you’ll know how to engage with and inspire young people to get involved with STEM in school, as well as how to work better with educators and be on track to achieve your own professional development goals.
This two-week, self-paced course will develop the way you collect and respond to feedback when volunteering with young people. It will cover:
- The need for gathering feedback, including relating to organisational objectives and corporate social responsibility.
- Strategies and tools for immediate feedback during STEM activities with young people.
- Strategies and tools for gathering feedback from others to inform self-reflection.
- Using feedback to reflect on your own practice and modify if necessary for subsequent activities.
- How feedback and reflection contribute to programme evaluation.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Collect immediate feedback about practical STEM Activities using different tools with groups of young people.
- Reflect on feedback to improve presentation skills with young people and the effectiveness of a STEM Activity.
- Contribute towards employer and programme evaluation of STEM volunteering activities.
- Identify further opportunities for professional development and skills development relating to volunteering and inspiring young people in STEM subjects.
Who is the course for?
This course has been created for anyone volunteering with young people in STEM. You may be part of a formal volunteering scheme and known as a STEM champion or STEM ambassador, or you may be a youth volunteering group organiser, field trip educator, working with scout groups (and similar), outdoor pursuit centres, outreach from NGOs.
You will need knowledge of STEM subjects or experience of working in a STEM environment.
To get the most out of this course, learners should complete the associated three courses beforehand:
This course is not designed for teachers. Please see other courses from STEM Learning for teacher professional development in STEM subjects.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends