By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to...
- Identify the need for accounting information when managing organisations.
- Prepare a budget for planning and control purposes.
- Calculate the cost of different types of products, processes and services.
- Interpret a variety of different types of information from different information sources.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate costing methods to make financial decisions.
You’ll have access to our online welcome area where you’ll be able to start conversations with fellow learners and read any announcements relating to your microcredential.
From 12 Jul 2021
Business Management: Fundamentals of Management Accounting
Develop your accounting skills and knowledge to help you make better business decisions and achieve your professional goals.
10 hours per week
Once you’ve successfully completed the microcredential, you’ll receive your academic credits from The Open University. You’ll also have ongoing, unlimited access to the course materials.
10 UK credits at Undergraduate level from The Open University
You’ll receive an Open University certificate confirming that you have received 10 academic credits at undergraduate level. Credits are awarded on passing the final assessment.
Find out how credits work and where you can use them in our FAQs.
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020