Weekly study3 hours
Clinical Supervision: Planning Your Professional Development
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Reflect on your clinical supervision practice and plan your personal development
This online course will focus on identifying your learning needs as a clinical supervisor or practice educator, and provide advice on creating a personal development plan to address them.
You’ll reflect critically on your own supervisory practice using appropriate frameworks, learn how to evaluate your own teaching activities, and address feedback you receive from the medical students and trainees that you supervise, or through peer observation
The course will also discuss the principles of quality assurance and quality improvement in education, and how these can be applied in your context.
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Planning your personal professional development
- Reflection: making it work in practice
- Types of reflection
- Quality improvement
- The reflective educator
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify your own learning needs as a supervisor and create a personal development plan to achieve these
- Reflect critically on your own supervisory practice using appropriate frameworks and support reflective practice among learners
- Evaluate your own teaching/ training activities and address feedback received from learners or through peer observation
- Discuss the principles of quality assurance and quality improvement of educational activities
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for all post-registration doctors and healthcare professionals, especially those holding supervisory responsibility for pre-registration health professional students and postgraduate medical trainees in hospital or community settings.
It is one of a series of Clinical Supervision courses developed by a multidisciplinary group of clinical educators from Norwich Medical School. You can also take:
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.