Reflect on your clinical supervision practice and plan your personal development
This online course will focus on identifying your learning needs as a clinical supervisor or practice educator, and provide advice on creating a personal development plan to address them.
You’ll reflect critically on your own supervisory practice using appropriate frameworks, learn how to evaluate your own teaching activities, and address feedback you receive from the medical students and trainees that you supervise, or through peer observation
The course will also discuss the principles of quality assurance and quality improvement in education, and how these can be applied in your context.
What topics will you cover?
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Planning your personal professional development
- Reflection: making it work in practice
- Types of reflection
- Quality improvement
- The reflective educator
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify your own learning needs as a supervisor and create a personal development plan to achieve these
- Reflect critically on your own supervisory practice using appropriate frameworks and support reflective practice among learners
- Evaluate your own teaching/ training activities and address feedback received from learners or through peer observation
- Discuss the principles of quality assurance and quality improvement of educational activities
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for all post-registration doctors and healthcare professionals, especially those holding supervisory responsibility for pre-registration health professional students and postgraduate medical trainees in hospital or community settings.
It is one of a series of Clinical Supervision courses developed by a multidisciplinary group of clinical educators from Norwich Medical School. You can also take:
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: