- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $99
Clinical Supervision: Teaching and Facilitating Learning
Help your undergraduate and postgraduate learners to learn effectively
This online course will focus on the importance of the learning environment for teaching and facilitating learning among undergraduate and postgraduate learners.
You’ll find out out how to: develop effective supervisory strategies, to ensure your learners can balance their placement and study priorities; assess individuals’ learning needs and help them create a personal development plan; and encourage them to take responsibility for their own learning.
The course will also cover a variety of teaching methods, so that you can choose the most appropriate one for your context.
What topics will you cover?
- The learning environment
- Planning learning opportunities
- Balancing service work & educational priorities
- Assessment of learning needs
- Personal development plans
- Facilitating self-directed learning
- Lesson planning
- Delivering teaching sessions
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify and maintain an environment conducive to learning
- Develop effective supervisory strategies to ensure a balance of service work and educational priorities
- Assess individual learning needs and guide the development of a personal development plan
- Engage with and support learners to take responsibility for their own learning
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver teaching using a variety of evidence informed methods
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for all post-registration doctors and healthcare professionals, especially those holding supervisory responsibility for pre-registration health professional students and postgraduate medical trainees in hospital or community settings.
It is one of a series of Clinical Supervision courses developed by a multidisciplinary group of clinical educators from Norwich Medical School. You can also take:
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: