Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Content Creation: Online Writing
Learn to write effective copy for different online channels and formats
When writing for audiences online, there are a number of things to keep in mind depending on the channel, format, target audience, and where they are in the user journey.
On this two-week course, developed by The Open University with digital marketing experts, Target Internet, you’ll learn the core principles for writing online and how to write for different online channels and engage your audience to take action.
Build the skills to optimise your written content in any medium
You’ll learn how to write copy for ads, emails, landing pages, social media, and content marketing, as well as how to optimise your copy.
Whether you’re creating pages for your website, writing blog posts, email newsletters, or scripts for podcasts, you’ll explore the different forms of writing needed for a range of digital formats.
Develop content and copywriting techniques to engage your target audience
You’ll learn how to write copy that sells by focusing on your audience and a range of writing techniques and styles, whether you’re copywriting or content writing. You’ll consider how different audience segments may prefer different styles and formats of writing, and how this might differ depending on where they are in the user journey. You’ll also learn how people read online and the core usability principles to guide your writing.
Explore how to test your content for emails, blogs, social media, and more
By the end, you’ll know the key principles of writing for different digital channels and formats, and how you can optimise your content by testing and improving your copy.
You’ll benefit from practical training content created by experts at Target Internet, who have provided expertise to brands including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- How people read online
- Optimising content for users and search engines
- User-centred design principles for online writing
- Writing for website and content marketing
- Writing for email marketing
- Writing for social media
- Optimising content
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply a user-centred design approach to online writing
- Produce copy for different digital channels to maximise its impact
- Produce optimised content and adopt an approach of ongoing testing and improvement
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of online writing and content marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who developed the course?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends