- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study8 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Getting Ahead in Health Services: Healthcare Management and Leadership Principles
Acknowledging key differences between leadership and management practices
Want to know how to be a good leader and manager in health services? Explore the tools and techniques available with this self-paced course.
You’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the fundamental theories, concepts and principles of leadership and management practice, and discuss the difference between managers and leaders.
You’ll also find out how leaders and managers employ relevant skills and behaviours in global and cultural contexts.
Explore the difference between leadership and management
Can good leaders be developed? Is it possible to be a good leader and a bad manager? And what are the most effective – and ineffective – leadership styles and practices? This course will show you how effective leadership and management must go hand in hand, despite their differences.
Discover effective examples of leadership theories
As you delve into the history of leadership models and theories, such as contingency, situational and transformational leadership, You’ll study strong leaders in history. You’ll explore how leadership theories have developed over time, and pinpoint the relevant behaviours required of healthcare professionals.
Consider health leadership across countries and cultures
Culture has a strong impact on the expectations of leaders – it can impact leadership approach, skills required, and even how leaders present themselves in a professional context.
You’ll have the opportunity to review how leading works in different countries, and how that relates to the skills, qualities, and behaviours required by healthcare leaders.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop awareness of the key differences between leadership and management practices
- Understand the history of leadership theories
- Evaluate the characteristics, skills and behaviours to be a leader and to be a manager considering cultural differences
- Debate whether leaders are born or can be developed
- Compare different leadership theories and concepts and how these have developed
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack is designed for students or healthcare professionals, administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management roles, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants, and service providers in the health sector.
Discover how to enhance your emerging healthcare management career through practical leadership theories and personal development.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends